From 31 October to 12 November, the UK was hosting COP 26, a summit which brings together world leaders and industry experts to discuss action against climate change. The decisions made could lead to major changes in our everyday lives, and our experts from AXA Investment Managers have shared their thoughts on the implications for our investors, our business, and our planet.
The Investment COP, known as The World Climate Summit, took place on 8-9 November, and as a Planet A Partner, representatives from AXA IM attended and led discussions on how we can work together on the road to net zero.
We have shared insights throughout the whole of COP 26 on our social media accounts – follow us on #ViewOnTheCOP.
Our speaking slots
- Opening session Day 1: November 7th, 9:00-10:00am (GMT)
Progress Towards Net-Zero - Challenges, Opportunities & Achievements with Marco Morelli, Executive Chairman.
- Day 2: Session 2B: November 8th, 11:30-12:30 (GMT):
From Investment Pledges to Active Strategies – Reaching Targets by 2030 with Hans Stoter, Global Head of Core Investments, and Amanda O'Toole, Portfolio Manager
- Day 2, Session 4A: November 8th, 3:00-4:00 (GMT):
Renovate for Energy Efficiency - The Future of Building Technologies, with Justin Travlos, Global Head of Responsible Investment, Alts.
AXA IM in the press
We have received a lot of press coverage praising our recently announced climate principles – find a selection of the latest news by clicking on the links below (please note some stories may be behind a paywall):
- Investment Week - AXA IM targets ‘climate leaders’ as it shuns oil and coal
- Euromoney – The investor perspective | Euromoney Cop26 - Chris Iggo calls for collaboration between governments, sectors and regulators in the ‘Euromoney at COP26’ podcast Euromoney
- Financial News – AXA IM threatens climate laggards with ‘three strikes and you’re out’ policy
- Citywire – Three strikes and you’re out: AXA IM turns up the heat on climate laggards
- IPE – AXA IM’s Hans Stoter calls for ‘bravery and transparency’ from managers
Read the latest insights from our experts, where they share their thoughts on COP26 and other topics.
Find out more about AXA IM and the progress we are making on the road towards net zero.