We are working hard to create awareness of the many different fraud types affecting unsuspecting victims and therefore highlight methods you can implement to protect yourself. AXA IM does not make unsolicited calls, WhatsApp messages, social media messages or emails to their clients or members of the general public.
Fraudulent Domain Names
Please find below a list of red flags to be mindful of when contacted by someone claiming to be from AXA IM
- Fraudsters will often use an Incorrect AXA company name;
- A legitimate FCA registration number;
- Email addresses / domains used will be a variation of AXA IM’s genuine details;
- Logos; and on occasion employee names to gain your trust.
- ‘Verify your account’ requests – legitimate investment managers will never ask you to enter full account details, passwords or PINs outside of a secure process.
- Bank accounts in offshore jurisdictions – legitimate investment managers will not provide you with bank account details in offshore jurisdictions and ask you to transfer funds to such accounts.
If you are in any doubt, please contact AXA IM on 0207 003 1000 and ask for assistance from the Financial Crime Team.
What You Can Do
Some steps you can take to protect yourself and keep your personal data safe:
- Protect your information - Do not send personal / confidential information via email, on the phone or over the internet unless you know the recipient and know the process is protected through encryption.
- Emails – Delete all suspicious emails without opening them. Be particularly careful when opening attachments to emails.
- Contact and verify – Confirm the company’s address and telephone number. Check the company’s website or through local regulatory authorities.
- Regulatory registration – Contact the relevant local regulatory authority to confirm the company’s registration.
- Shred old statements, receipts, letters and similar documents containing personal information which are no longer required
- Lock financial documents and records in a safe place at home.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. Investors should take all necessary precautions to avoid fraudulent activity, such as performing background checks on investment managers. We encourage any member of the public who receives any communication (telephone/email/mail) in relation to any fraudulent investment scheme to report them directly to the FCA and Action Fraud using the links below:
AXA Investment Managers is committed to safeguarding all confidential information about our clients.
For any further assistance please contact us.
Contacted by a fraudster?
If you are concerned about any potential fraud in connection with AXA Investment Managers, please contact us directly using the below mentioned details; report to the FCA, Action Fraud or nearest police station.CONTACT US