Building an inclusive culture is a key focus area for AXA IM and critical to the achievement of our business strategy. Our people are our main asset, so it makes sense for us to focus on developing a work environment where all employees feel fully engaged and respected.
Valuing diversity and being an inclusive employer is not only the right thing to do, but it also supports the commercial success of our business. It means we can attract talented people from the widest possible talent pool and better reflect and respond to the needs of our diverse customers. Embracing our diversity also means that we have a richer range of ideas and creativity, fresh perspectives and a willingness to challenge the status quo, all of which create the right environment for fostering greater innovation.
Taking clear steps to build an inclusive culture
Our Diversity & Inclusion strategy has seen us deliver a range of initiatives which promote the attraction, retention and career progression of all talent, including:
- A comprehensive and varied range of development opportunities for all staff, including mentoring and coaching
- Active involvement in Mix’iN network in Paris which runs a series of events and initiatives in support of female career progression
- EDGE certified for gender equality practices
- Workshops and activities to support UK National Inclusion Week each year in the UK
- Thorough reviews of our recruitment and talent management practices globally
- Global celebrations and activities to mark International Women’s Day
- Rollout of the Global Parent Policy, an inclusive and globally consistent minimum paid parental leave entitlement
- Collaborating with organisations such as The Diversity Project to build a more inclusive workplace for those with disabilities
- A range of initiatives supporting wellbeing, including resilience, mindfulness and stress management training…
... and many more!
Listening to our Employees
Every year we seek feedback on our work environment directly from our employees. Over 2,000 employees responded to the latest survey in November 2016, giving us a solid understanding of what it’s like to work at AXA Investment Managers. Within the survey, we also have four indexes to monitor specific aspects of our culture including an "Inclusion Index", based upon 10 questions related to D&I.
This annual survey shows us we have very engaged and committed employees, who support the AXA values and believe strongly in the goals and objectives of our company. Many employees also noted that we are making good progress when it comes to creating a culture based on inclusion and trust.
We undertake a comprehensive process to analyse and understand the feedback of our employees and develop action plans all across the business to address their suggestions for improvement. Through this process we are continually working together to ensure AXA Investment Managers is a great place to work for all our employees.
We have four core values that underpin the way we do business: Customer First, Integrity, Courage and One AXA. We look for these qualities in any potential future employee, no matter what their background or qualifications, and we look to recognise and reward employees for working in ways that uphold our company values.
We are committed to equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and to fostering an environment where there are no “glass ceilings”. We oppose all forms of unfair or unlawful discrimination and will not tolerate discrimination based on age, race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, or disability.