Laurent Caillot is appointed Global Chief Operating Officer of AXA IM
AXA Investment Managers (AXA IM) today announces the appointment of Laurent Caillot as Global Chief Operating Officer (GCOO) effective 1 September 2022. He will take over from Godefroy de Colombe, who will pursue a career in a new professional sector.
Based in Paris, Laurent will be a member of the AXA IM Management Board, reporting to Marco Morelli, Executive Chairman of AXA IM. In this role, he will oversee Project Management, Security, Procurement, Facilities and Innovation in addition to his current responsibilities in Technology, Operations and Data Management.
“Godefroy has supported AXA’s development for the last 15 years in many different roles and I would like to warmly thank him for his contribution, not only to AXA IM in recent years, but also to AXA more broadly. I wish him a lot of happiness, fulfillment and success in his new venture,” said Marco Morelli.
“I am delighted to welcome Laurent as a member of the Management Board, and I look forward to our enhanced and close collaboration”.
Starting 1 September, AXA IM’s Management Board will be composed of:
- Marco Morelli, Executive Chairman,
- Laurent Caillot, Global COO,
- Pascal Christory, Global Head of AXA IM Prime,
- Frédéric Clément, Global Head of Human Resources,
- Florence Dard, Global Head of Client Group, Alts,
- Matthew Lovatt, Global Head of Client Group, Core,
- Jean-Christophe Menioux, General Secretary and Chief Financial Officer,
- Marion Le Morhedec, Global Head of Fixed Income,
- Isabelle Scemama, Global Head of AXA IM Alts & CEO of AXA IM - Real Assets,
- Deborah Shire, Deputy Head of AXA IM Alts in charge of Corporate Development & Global Head of Structured Finance,
- Hans Stoter, Global Head of AXA IM Core.
Laurent Caillot is currently Global Head of Technology and Operations and will become Global Chief Operating Officer of AXA IM and a member of AXA IM's Management Board on the 1st of September 2022.
Laurent initially joined AXA IM in 2019 as Global Head of Technology, and his scope was expanded in 2020 to include Operations and in 2022 to include Data Management. Since 2021, he is also the Chairman of the Board of Directors of AXA Funds Management Luxembourg.
Laurent started his career at Goldman Sachs in 1998 building electronic trading platforms and collateral management systems for the Investment Bank, leading teams in London and then New York.
After a few years in Technology Consulting delivering innovative digital transformations, he joined Barclays Investment Bank in 2012 to lead Front Office Risk, Pricing & Analytics Technology. In 2014, he was appointed Global Head of Capital & Analytics Technology of JP Morgan Chase, where he was responsible for the re-engineering and computation of Capital calculations and Finance Forecasting processes across the firm.
Laurent Caillot graduated in Computer Science from ENSIIE in 1997.