Our approach to stewardship stems from our belief that company management, directors and investors all have critical yet unique roles.
We believe that the proper consideration of relevant environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters affects the long-term sustainable performance of companies and benefits the investors of such companies.
To this end, we:
- seek to understand the ESG issues that impact companies in which we are invested;
- evaluate a company’s particular policies and practices in relation to relevant issues;
- encourage companies to align with best practice on ESG issues;
- enter into constructive dialogue and engagement where a company’s approach or practices on relevant ESG matters is below investor expectations;
- leverage our clients’ investor rights to push for desired outcomes from investee companies; and
- align our votes at general meetings with our engagement objectives.
Yo Takatsuki, Head of ESG Research and Active Ownership
AXA IM’s approach to corporate governance and voting derives from our strongly held belief that company management, directors, and investors all have critical and unique roles to play in sustaining the health of financial markets and ensuring the efficient allocation of capital. Read updates here:
H1 2020 Active Ownership and stewardship Report
Find out more about Stewardship and the pandemic
Active Ownership Report 2019
Find out more about active engagement at AXA IM for a more sustainable, better world.
Latest AXA IM voting records
View AXA IM's latest voting records on the Proxy Voting Disclosure website
Green bonds: How active management aims to make the most of a dynamic sector
The market for financing linked to environmentally friendly projects and companies is heading rapidly towards the $1trn mark.
COVID-19: Accelerating the energy transition and driving climate-friendly investment opportunities
Global lockdowns have had a positive impact on the environment. But will the crisis help accelerate the transition towards renewable energy, and what might the investment implications be?
Impact Engagement Principles Delivering on the UN Sustainable Development Goals
AXA IM believes that significant positive societal impact can be generated through listed assets investment strategies.