Our approach to stewardship stems from our belief that company management, directors and investors all have critical yet unique roles.
We believe that the proper consideration of relevant environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters affects the long-term sustainable performance of companies and benefits the investors of such companies.
To this end, we:
- seek to understand the ESG issues that impact companies in which we are invested;
- evaluate a company’s particular policies and practices in relation to relevant issues;
- encourage companies to align with best practice on ESG issues;
- enter into constructive dialogue and engagement where a company’s approach or practices on relevant ESG matters is below investor expectations;
- leverage our clients’ investor rights to push for desired outcomes from investee companies; and
- align our votes at general meetings with our engagement objectives.
Yo Takatsuki, Head of ESG Research and Active Ownership
AXA IM’s approach to corporate governance and voting derives from our strongly held belief that company management, directors, and investors all have critical and unique roles to play in sustaining the health of financial markets and ensuring the efficient allocation of capital. Read updates here:
H1 2020 Active Ownership and stewardship Report
Find out more about Stewardship and the pandemic
Active Ownership Report 2019
Find out more about active engagement at AXA IM for a more sustainable, better world.
Corporate Governance & Voting Policy
Our approach to corporate governance and voting policy.
Latest AXA IM voting records
View AXA IM's latest voting records on the Proxy Voting Disclosure website
A lifetime of gender inequality: What investors can do
Investors’ focus on diversity has principally centred on female representation in the board room. But in this research paper we study the dynamics of gender inequality throughout a woman’s entire wor ...
Coal phase out: The investment case
Coal has no meaningful role to play when it comes achieving the goals of the 2015 Paris Agreement. Right now, it remains an important part of the energy mix, fuelling base-load power stations across ...
Financing brown to green: Guidelines for Transition Bonds
Financing the fight against climate change needs to shift up a gear and evolve. Since the introduction of green bonds, capital markets have made great strides in recent years to ensure that investmen ...