TEXT - CAREERS - RECRUITER S TIP - How to be prepared for an interview .....
How to be prepared for an interview
What we are looking for in a CV
- Adapt your CV to the job and industry your are applying for.
- List your professional experiences in a chronological order.
- The length of the CV must be adapted to your work experience.
- Keep details factual.
- Highlight important accomplishments and make a list of daily tasks for each company you worked in.
- Mention competencies and IT skills you may have related to the job.
- Avoid using particular fonts, personal details unnecessary to your application and quotes.
- Be precise concerning your availability date and the type of contract you are looking for.
- Job titles and short presentations at the beginning of the CV are appreciated.
- An interview must be prepared in advanced: think about what distinguishes you from another candidate and where you can bring an added value to the job.
- Prepare yourself to speak in English on different topics, especially if the job you are applying for has an international scope.
- Spend some time reading the corporate website and doing a bit of research on AXA IM (values, industry, current news…)
- Be consistent when you present your career.
- Give as much concrete examples as you can, based on your experiences. This will illustrate your CV.
- Always stay positive when talking about your previous and actual work experiences.
- Listen carefully to your interviewer and don’t hesitate on asking questions. This will make you seem interested and focused.
- Be yourself; showing your true personality in interviews will help make a difference between you and other candidates.
- Make notes before and during interviews, this will give the impression you are paying full attention.
TEXT - CAREERS - RECRUITER S TIP - More from our experts - EN
More from our experts
Find out about working in asset management and how you can prepare for joining our industry in the videos below: